11 Ways To Scale Back On Food Costs
- Never shop before making a detailed menu for the week.
- Use coupons whenever possible.
- Cook with seasonal produce.
- Use the generic brands for cleansers, shampoos and detergents instead of brand-name products.
- Never buy something just because it’s on sale unless you use that item regularly. You aren’t saving if you got a great deal on something that will just sit in your pantry.
- Whenever possible, make your own instead of buying convenience foods.
- Never shop for groceries without a list.
- Buy in bulk instead